Tuesday, January 22, 2013

around the house ~ the den

our den ~ my photos from CUBA
all photos by Jane LaFazio
My original photos now hang in our home.
Remember how I went to Cuba in January 2012 and then self published a book of my photos from the trip, that you can buy here
our den ~ my photos from CUBA
I loved many of the photos I took on that trip, and am thrilled to have them part of our decor.(They're printed and mounted on stretched canvas, done by this company.)
our den
This is our den. Yes, I'm sitting at that computer right now. 
(We recently got new laminate floors throughout the house, so we've been doing some redecorating.) 
our den
That's Buddy on the sofa. (And the cat painting is by my late friend, Shirley Max.) Buddha is from a trip to Thailand.
our den ~ my photos from CUBA
I love my new art! I'll show you photos of the rest of our home soon.

15 comments:

  1. 'Love the photos...what a nice display!
    Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it's a lovely memento and a georgous display. It adds such richness to your cozy den!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for giving us a glimpse of your home. It has such a calm and welcoming vibe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely spot and great idea. Thanks so much for inviting us over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photos look amazing on that wall :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a gorgeous idea! : ) I love the way you backed up to include more view in each successive pic. cool

    ~Monika in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  7. To the rest of us, it is a fabulous collection of patterns, textures, and colors. To you, each one holds a special memory. Where you were, who you were with, what you were doing that day and why you chose to shoot that particular shot. It is so much more than just any beautiful art you could have hung there. It tells a story, YOUR story of your trip. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is a great idea! The textures and colors are lovely! I love the square format...did you mount them yourself or?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen! No, the company printed and put them on stretcher bars, ready to hang.

      Delete
  9. THat looks GREAT!! I remember liking those photos when you first shared them from your trip! Thanks for the scoop on the company, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a beautiful assemblage of images!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really love the grid -- We've done a similar thing with some big Ikea frames for 16 by 20 prints of photos from Costo. Using pics of hummers in the century plants down the road. I want this set up next!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great and beautiful collection of mementoes of your trip. They look wonderful in your den.
    jenni

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful room - just how I would envision your den to be! I love the concept of the photos too. Thanks so much for sharing the idea.

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  14. That does look great indeed! Excellent quality prints Jane... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails